Epoxy flooring can be a great way to improve the look and functionality of your garage, but it’s essential to choose the right contractor to do the job. There are many flooring companies out there that claim to be experts in epoxy flooring, but not all of them are qualified to do the work.
Choose Griffin’s Epoxy Flooring, the leading provider of epoxy flooring services in Spokane, WA, and you won’t have to worry about making the wrong choice. But before you hire any contractor for your epoxy flooring project, here are five essential questions that should be asked:
1) What Kind of Experience Does the Company Have?
It’s essential to find out how long the garage epoxy flooring company has been in business and their experience with epoxy flooring installation. Griffin’s Epoxy Flooring offers a full range of services, including residential and commercial epoxy flooring. With years of extensive experience and expertise in the field, we are the top choice for epoxy flooring services in Spokane, WA.
2) How Long Does It Take To Install an Epoxy Floor?
Epoxy involves applying a resin-based material to create a durable flooring surface. Depending on the size and complexity of your project, it can take anywhere from one day to several weeks for an epoxy contractor to install your flooring. Make sure you ask what kind of timeline they are expecting so that you have realistic expectations regarding when the installation process will be completed.
3) What Preparation Is Required Before Installation?
Most epoxy flooring contractors will need preliminary work before installing your floor. This may include:
a) Removing any existing coatings, tiles, or carpeting
b) Cleaning and preparing the concrete by grinding, patching, and polishing
c) Applying a primer to enhance adhesion
d) Installing joint fillers where needed
Make sure you know what’s involved before signing a contract. For example, a primer is a must for a long-lasting epoxy floor, so make that clear beforehand. Joint fillers are also essential to help keep the floor from cracking.
4) What Type of Warranty Is Offered?
Garages are prone to wear and tear, so asking your garage epoxy flooring company what type of warranty they provide is essential. Typically, this will include a 15-year warranty that covers any material defects or issues with the quality of artistry. However, depending on the contractor, you may be able to secure a longer-term guarantee. Some types of warranties include:
- A warranty that will cover any repairs needed in the event of a defect
- A satisfaction guarantee that ensures you are happy with the result
- A lifetime warranty for specific materials used
Read these warranties carefully and ask your garage epoxy flooring company questions if anything is unclear.
5) What Kind of Customizations Do You Offer?
When it comes to epoxy flooring, you can choose a different standard look. Many contractors offer customizations that allow you to create a unique and stylish design with your floors. These include:
- Custom colors: Many garage epoxy flooring companies offer a wide range of color options. You can choose from classic shades like black, white, grey, and beige or opt for something brighter, like blue, green, or red.
- Textures: Some contractors also offer textured finishes that add extra interest to your floors. This could be anything from a subtle ripple effect to a more dramatic stone or aggregate texture.
- Resin inlays: If you want to make your floor stand out, you can ask your contractor about resin inlays, decorative pieces made from epoxy that can be incorporated into the floor for added visual interest.
Contact Griffin’s Epoxy Flooring in Spokane, WA for the best epoxy flooring services. Our team of experienced contractors is here to provide you with the highest quality epoxy flooring installation and maintenance services.